I learned a few simple random things this week that I thought I’d share.
- Kroger’s bottled brand generic Ranch Dressing tastes like Hidden Valley Ranch & it is a lot less expensive.
- Aldi’s hot sauce tastes like Franks to me, and is in the same size bottle at a fraction of the cost. It makes good hotwings. Aldi’s has great prices on produce. Also, their generic brand Dill Pickles are good.
- Red’s all natural burritos are much more 2-3x more expensive than El Monterey’s, but they are worth it.
- Avocado oil is as good as argan oil to me for my hair, and it is GREAT on skin. It is also less expensive.
- It’s definitely worth it to upgrade the Android version on a smartphone. My battery is lasting a lot longer and the camera now works better.
I’ve been participating in Bzzagent’s Kroger’s Store Brands campaign, so I have been trying new generic foods and paying more attention to them. The salad dressing mentioned in this post though, was provided free directly by Kroger via digital coupon. If you’ve not signed up for Kroger’s Digital coupons yet, I do recommend it- they usually have a Friday freeby and occasionally freebies just show up in my account as well.Kroger.com I find it pays to always check the items under their SAVINGS tab.